[Paraview] exporting .vtk files to Matlab

Benitez Andonegui, Amaia (Stud. FPN) a.benitez at student.maastrichtuniversity.nl
Wed Oct 8 09:57:50 EDT 2014

Hi Paraview community,

I want to export a .vtk file to Matlab. To do so, I read some time ago that I could save the .vtk file as a .csv and read it easily in Matlab. Thus, that's what I tried. When I open the .csv file in Matlab, I get the position of the vertices but not the intensities associated to them. That information is basically missing. I also tried to read the .vtk file in Matlab by a customized function, and again, the information related to the intensities is missing. So I was wondering if there is a way to keep those intensity values.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Amaia.