[Paraview] Cannot get parallelism working in paraview 4.2.0 on our clusters (works with 4.1.0)

Cook, Rich cook47 at llnl.gov
Mon Nov 24 19:25:15 EST 2014

Hi,
I have recently compiled paraview 4.2.0 on our clusters in the same way I compile with 4.1.0 and am getting some errors.
I run pvserver in parallel, and it does not give any weird outputs.
I connect with it from my desktop (Mac OS X).  I can see in the desktop GUI that four remote servers are connected.
I open up a PDB dataset and it is different.  I see two “Output” objects in the pipeline browser.  This is different than the behavior in 4.1.0.

[cid:914AC27C-18D5-42AC-95B6-7668C8B7059B at llnl.gov]

I click Apply and get smacked in the face with an error dialog.

ERROR: In /Users/kitware/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release-Python27/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/Domains/Chemistry/vtkBlueObeliskDataParser.cxx, line 68
vtkBlueObeliskDataParser (0x7fea5e2a9980): Cannot find elements.xml. Checked /Users/kitware/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release-Python27/paraview/src/paraview-build/CMakeFiles/__macos_install/share/paraview-4.2/vtkDomainsChemistry and /Users/kitware/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release-Python27/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/Domains/Chemistry

ERROR: In /Users/kitware/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release-Python27/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/IO/XMLParser/vtkXMLParser.cxx, line 382
vtkBlueObeliskDataParser (0x7fea5e2a9980): Parse() called with no Stream set.

ERROR: In /Users/kitware/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release-Python27/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx, line 710
vtkPVDataRepresentationPipeline (0x7fea5e2a4d80): Input port 0 of algorithm vtkMoleculeRepresentation(0x7fea56c005d0) has 0 connections but is not optional.

I’m unable to color by process scalar ID, or more precisely, the Filter seems to get applied but the color does not change.  Appears all work is done on process 0.

Something is vewwwy scwewwy.

Help?

--
✐Richard Cook
✇ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory