[Paraview] ParaView 4.1.0 with non-system (conda) python

w.hunter w.hunter7 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 18:08:30 EST 2014

I'm building ParaView 4.1.0 on SL 7.0 (using build script provided with
OpenFOAM-2.3.0). I'd like to use python from my miniconda installation at
/home/username/miniconda. CMake finds this correctly and in CMakeCache.txt
I have:

PARAVIEW_ENABLE_PYTHON:BOOL=ON
PYTHON_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=/home/username/miniconda/bin/python
PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/home/username/miniconda/include/python2.7
PYTHON_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/home/username/miniconda/lib/libpython2.7.so.1.0
PYTHON_UTIL_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/lib64/libutil.so

but pvpython and the Python Shell in ParaView use the system python from
/usr/bin/

This is a problem because matplotlib isn't installed for the system python.
I prefer to manage python packages in my miniconda installation.