[Paraview] translate geometry in space

Samuel Key samuelkey at bresnan.net
Tue Nov 18 09:48:25 EST 2014

Simon,

Assuming your 2D datum set is in x,y-coordinates, one can expand this to
3D by adding a 0.0 value for the "missing" z-coordinate.

PV has a Transform filter that will then let you add a constant value to
the z-coordinate, or, equally easily, scale the z-coordinate.

On the other hand, if you really want to create a "carpet" plot that
makes your 2D datum set appear as 'mountains and valleys,' one can
likewise add the datum attribute (for example, density) as if it were
the z-coordinate. Again, PV's Transform filter will let you scale the
z-coordinate into a range that makes the image pleasing. It will be a 3D
image, that is easily oriented for viewing. The coloring can be either
by any of the point values, or a single color of your choosing.

There may be a more direct way to achieve this that someone else can
explain?

Hope this helps.

Sam