[Paraview] Fwd: Problem with all in one/separated panels

Federico Veronesi f.veronesi at scsitaly.com
Thu Nov 13 06:03:40 EST 2014

Dear Paraview users,

I found an unexpected behavior in Paraview 4.2.
When I set separated panels or other options except the combined one, I
don't get what it is expected and 6 grayed button (restore, update) appear.

I think I fixed it by adding the following lines to pqPropertiesPanel.cxx
in the setPanelMode method:

  // added to avoid unwanted update restore buttons

  this->Internals->Ui.PropertiesSaveAsDefaults->setVisible(has_source);

  this->Internals->Ui.PropertiesRestoreDefaults->setVisible(has_source);

  this->Internals->Ui.DisplaySaveAsDefaults->setVisible(has_display);

  this->Internals->Ui.DisplayRestoreDefaults->setVisible(has_display);

  this->Internals->Ui.ViewSaveAsDefaults->setVisible(has_view);

  this->Internals->Ui.ViewRestoreDefaults->setVisible(has_view);

Moreover I modified the paraview main window to setup the panels. i.e.
for ALL_SEPARATE:

    case vtkPVGeneralSettings::ALL_SEPARATE:

        this->Internals->propertiesPanel->setPanelMode(
pqPropertiesPanel::SOURCE_PROPERTIES);

// added

        this->Internals->viewPropertiesPanel->setPanelMode(
pqPropertiesPanel::VIEW_PROPERTIES);

        this->Internals->displayPropertiesPanel->setPanelMode(pqPropertiesPanel::DISPLAY_PROPERTIES);

It works at start up, but when I use more than one source the display
panel doesn't show any property when switching from one source to
another.

Do you know what can cause this behavior and how to possibly solve it?

Thank you

Federico

P.S. sorry if I sent this mail previously on paraview-developers, but
may be it was the wrong list.