[Paraview] Scale Data over Entire Time Range

Neal,Christopher R chrisneal at ufl.edu
Tue Nov 11 17:45:11 EST 2014

Hello,

I am using python to control Paraview via a script. I see that Paraview can scale a data set by the entire data set in a time series. If I use the Python trace function in Paraview it does not show how it determines the max and min values of a variable over the entire data set. It just rescales by some numbers(which I assume it computed at some point).

My question is: Is there a function that I can call to get the max and min value of a variable in a data set over all times? Or maybe just get the max and min of a variable in a data set, and I will loop over all times and find the largest and smallest values.

Thank you,

Christopher R. Neal
Graduate Student
Center for Compressible Multiphase Turbulence
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department
University of Florida
Cell: (863)-697-1958
E-mail:  chrisneal at ufl.edu