[Paraview] Save selection as part of VTU file

Morten Olsen Lysgaard morten at lysgaard.no
Mon Nov 10 05:22:38 EST 2014

Hi. I am doing a custom made FEM solver in one of my studies.
I have a 3D geometry that I save as a VTU file and do my computation on.
To impose boundary conditions I would like to be able to select the edge
faces of cells on the boundary of a geometry in ParaView. Then I would like
to save the selection as a sort of "list of edges" inside the VTU file i
export.

I know how to select points, and cells, but how would i easiest select cell
faces?
When I have selected the cell faces, how do i export them so that my FEM
program can read it?