[Paraview] Possibilities of using different color ramps for different extractions of the same dataset?

jlih jlih at masonlive.gmu.edu
Mon Nov 3 22:17:22 EST 2014

Dear all,

I am creating extractions from a NetCDF data. I am wondering if I can create separate color ramps for different extractions of the same array for comparisons.   I tried the process within Paraview Desktop but I was not able to set different color ramps because the array name is the same for all extractions.

Sample code:

 SetActiveSource(ncreader)
    ExtractSubset1 = ExtractSubset()
    ExtractSubset1.VOI = [0, 50,0, 50,0, 8]

    DataRepresentation1 = Show(ExtractSubset1)
    DataRepresentation1.Representation = 'Volume'
    DataRepresentation1.ColorArrayName = ('CELL_DATA', varname)
    DataRepresentation1.ColorAttributeType = 'CELL_DATA'
    DataRepresentation1.LookupTable  = GetLookupTableForArray(?varname...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jing