[Paraview] pvpython capability via SuperBuild

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri May 23 16:01:48 EDT 2014

Philip,

The superbuild is not really designed such that you can use the
components it puts under  its internal "install" directory. That
"install" location is indeed treated as a internal sandbox where it
builds all the components it will finally installs.  The "make
install" however should have installed a working version of pvpython.
Can you elaborate more on what fails? Does it complain about a missing
library?

Also, I thinking on OsX, we may be better of providing support for
homebrew, and using the Superbuild only to generate redistributable
app bundles. Does that sound like better approach, in your usecases?

Utkarsh