[Paraview] pvpython capability via SuperBuild

Wolfram, Phillip J pwolfram at lanl.gov
Wed May 21 11:53:26 EDT 2014

Dear ParaView Developers and Users,

After compiling ParaView via the SuperBuild process I have noticed that it is possible to “import paraview” in pvpython in the paraview/src/paraview-build/bin directory, but not in the install/Applications/paraview.app/Contents directory.

I am on OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) using clang / gfortran via Homebrew and am confused about this behavior because ultimately it appears that a “make install” installs the broken pvpython in the install directory and not the correct, working pvpython in the paraview-build directory.

This is strange because the binary installer which has pvpython in /Applications/paraview.app/Contents/bin/pvpython works correctly but the compiled from source installation does not.

Could someone provide me with some perspectives here?  I have included CMakeCache.txt to provide more info...

Thanks,

Phil

Phillip Wolfram, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Associate
T-3 Fluid Dynamics and Structural Mechanics
Climate, Ocean and Sea Ice Modeling
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Phone: (505) 667-7744
Email:   pwolfram at lanl.gov<mailto:pwolfram at lanl.gov>