[Paraview] Vorticity is calculated as zero

Andreas Hessenthaler hessenthaler at mail.de
Wed May 21 17:32:08 EDT 2014

Indeed, my smaller mesh had linear triangles. And changing that to quadratic triangles gives the same behavior (attachment).

What is the best way to circumvent this?

The reason why I wanna use the vorticity function is the following: eddies appear all over the domain and using lines with the streamtracer filter gives regions with either no streamlines or regions that are very much crowded by streamlines. Therefore, having a vorticity field would be a suitable approach to have a nice and clean visualization of the flow field.

Cheers