[Paraview] ParaView Particle simulation xyz file format

Rohit Narurkar rohitnarurkar at gmail.com
Wed May 14 14:18:54 EDT 2014

Hi

I am working with ParaView for the very first time, and I am supposed to
simulate 'n' particles over 't' time steps.

With a code, I can generate the position vectors (3-D) of all the particles
at all the time steps and I am currently writing the data down to a .csv
format. I also have the data in .xyz format but when I import it, only the
first time step data is visible. What to do in order to be able to get all
the data, from all the time steps?

How am I supposed to import the position vector data in to ParaView and
simulate it over all the time steps?

In the end, I would like to see something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MOuKUExmFU. If I must output the data from
my code to some other format, which can be easily identified by ParaView as
time-varying data, then what is that output format and how do I go about
doing it?

Thanks a lot! Rohit.