[Paraview] Rendering bug with UInt8 data

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed May 14 10:21:38 EDT 2014

Ethan,

Just check "Map scalars" property on the "Properties panel after
you've loaded the uint8_only dataset. The problem is that when
ParaView sees uint8 data, it treats that as colors and doesn't use the
color transfer function by default -- as that is generally what the
users want.

Hope that helps.

Utkarsh