[Paraview] Compiled Paraview -> CAVE.PVX usage

Johannes Zarl johannes.zarl at jku.at
Thu Mar 27 07:58:31 EDT 2014

Hi Léo,

I've only used the Paraview-CAVE setup on Linux, so take everything I say with
a grain of salt. But since nobody else responded so far, I'll try my best...

On Friday, 21. March 2014, 14:19:12, Léo Pessanha wrote:
> When i start paraview and connect to pvserver the screens(in my pvx case,
> full-screen) do not open at all.

Your .pvx file does not specify fullscreen. Since around v3.98, you have to
specify the fullscreen parameter explicitly, as described here:

http://paraview.org/Wiki/Configuring_Server_Environment_Using_*.pvx_XML_Files

> Anyone know how to manage that?

You could try starting only a single server instance and see if the behaviour
differs.

> Am i wrong in any of the steps?

The steps look correct to me. The DISPLAY definition looks fishy to me, but
OTOH I have no idea what a correct definition on the windows platform is
supposed to look like. I guess simply omitting the display variable does not
change anything?

Cheers,
  Johannes