[Paraview] NEK5000 with ParaView

Giuseppe Pitton giuseppe.pitton at mail.polimi.it
Sat Mar 1 03:50:59 EST 2014

Hello Ravi,
although Paraview 4.1.0 solved my issue, now I am experiencing the same problem you report with some postprocessed data (but I have a fixed mesh). In my opinion this happens when the dataset has mesh information stored on each .f or .fld file. I think Paraview expects to have mesh information only in the first file of the dataset, and it is not behaving well if this is not the case.
I suspect this because if I edit my .nek5000 file and change the value of firsttimestep setting it to n, then Paraview correctly visualizes the data of the n-th time step, but again it cannot display correctly the data of the following timesteps.
I also can share some example dataset if it can help.
Best regards,
Giuseppe