[Paraview] Reader plugin with separate server and client plugin

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Jun 17 09:42:08 EDT 2014

Michael,

You can still build the same plugin. On windows build, just disable
the parts that don't build on Windows.  SInce ParaView does indeed
load separate libraries for the same plugin on server and client, it
will load the linux plugin with reader on the server and the panel
code on Windows. Of course, if the plugin is loaded on Windows client
without connecting to a remote pvserver alone, you may want to provide
dummy reader implementation so that if the user creates that reader it
will fail more gracefully --reporting appropriate errors.

Hope that helps.
Utkarsh