[Paraview] Reader plugin with separate server and client plugin

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 07:14:35 EDT 2014

Dear all

I am wondering whether (and if, how) it is possible to develop a
reader plugin where the server-side plugin is distinct from the
client-side one. I.e. the server-side plugin would handle the reading
and processing, while the client-side plugin would mainly deal with
the properties pane.

The reason I ask for this is that due to portability restrictions, the
reader only works on Linux, which for us is not a problem. However, we
would also like to connect with Windows clients, and if the
client-plugin is dependent on the reader implementation, we can't.

Any hints as to where I can find more information on such a setup
would be highly appreciated.

Michael