[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Memory explosion and strange behavior -- Linux -- 'clip' -- 360 MB file needs 60 GB ??

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri Jun 6 13:45:04 EDT 2014

For structured data, prefer the "Extract Subset" filter to the "Clip"
filter. Subset works in the topological space and therefore preserves the
implicitly defined geometry and topology.

Once you reduce the size to something manageable with that, (either through
subrange or striding) then the filters that change representation to
unstructured can be useable.

The best practices chapters of the paraview guide and tutorial explain in
more detail.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer