[Paraview] building paraview with vtkManta [Re: ParaView Digest, Vol 123, Issue 33]

Bill Sherman shermanw at indiana.edu
Thu Jul 17 12:41:51 EDT 2014

Dave,

+1 on the Manta stuff for me.  I'll give it a try myself in August once
I get my current Vis project done.

Rich,

Something else you might consider (as am I), instead of Blender/POVray
is RenderMan -- Pixar is making it freely available for non commercial
use in the next month or so (hopefully at SIGGRAPH), and I anticipate
RenderMan will be able to handle big rendering jobs.

I've seen that there is a vtk module for outputting RenderMan RiB files,
which is a hopeful sign, though I'd suspect that there's been some
atrophy in that, so who knows how easy it will be to make it work.

I plan to put RenderMan on our Cray ASAP once the release happens.

	Bill