[Paraview] Nvidia K20x on cluster

Huebl, Axel a.huebl at hzdr.de
Tue Jul 8 07:03:06 EDT 2014

Oh that's actually not true for the full k20 series.

the k20m (server modules) should support switching, the k20c
(workstations) might not.

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/528048/k20-gpu-operation-mode-support/
  https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/534299/tesla-k20c-or-k20m-/

Probably the K20Xm should still allow to set it to ALL_ON - can you
confirm that?

Good luck!
Axel

On 08.07.2014 12:55, Huebl, Axel wrote:
> I think that is true for most cards, but K20 series should still support
> to switch the "GPU Operation Mode" (GOM) via nvidia-settings:
>

> http://blogs.fau.de/zeiser/2013/09/09/xserver-virtualgl-on-nvidia-k20m-gpgpus/
>
>   nvidia-smi --gom=0 [...]
>
>   (0 = ALL_ON)
>

> Best,
> Axel
>
> On 08.07.2014 11:33, Felipe Bordeu wrote:
>> Thanks but... K20x are only a cuda card, no graphics support.
>>
>> info from :
>>
>> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.opengl.virtualgl.user/1003
>>

>> End of History
>>
>> Felipe
>>

>> Le 08/07/2014 08:37, Albina, Frank a écrit :
>>> IMHO, the issue is that you need to tell the NVIDIA driver that a screen will be connected at any time to the GPU, but you need to supply the driver with the screen data via a custom EDID file, like so in your xorg.conf file:
>>
>>> Section "Device"
>>>     Identifier     "Device0"
>>>     [...]
>>>     Option       "CustomEDID" "DFP-0:/etc/X11/edid-DELL_P2212H.bin"
>>>     Option       "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP-0"
>>> EndSection
>>
>>> Section "Screen"
>>>     Identifier     "Screen0"
>>>     Device         "Device0"
>>>     Monitor        "Monitor0"
>>>     DefaultDepth    24
>>>     [...]
>>> EndSection
>>
>>> Hope this helps.
>>
>>> Frank.

Axel Huebl
Diploma Student
Phone +49 351 260 3582
https://www.hzdr.de/crp
Computational Radiation Physics
Laser Particle Acceleration Division
Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden - Rossendorf e.V.

Bautzner Landstrasse 400, 01328 Dresden
POB 510119, D-01314 Dresden
Vorstand: Prof. Dr.Dr.h.c. R. Sauerbrey
          Prof. Dr.Dr.h.c. P. Joehnk