[Paraview] storing output calculated by python running in parallel - write to a file? (UNCLASSIFIED)

Su, Simon M CTR USARMY ARL (US) simon.m.su.ctr at mail.mil
Mon Jul 7 11:30:37 EDT 2014

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Hello,

In my python script (ran using pvbatch mypythonscript.py in parallel
environment), how do I save out the data I calculated to a file? How will be
parallel execution affect the writing of the output to a file (which process
will be doing the writing)?

In a none parallel mode, this is what I want to do which write the output to
out.txt file.

f = open('out.txt', 'w')
print >> f, 'Filename:', filename  # or f.write('...\n')
f.close()

what is the parallel equivalent of that?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
-simon