[Paraview] WebSocket Connection lost in ParaviewWeb

Arya Mazaheri aryanet at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 02:54:39 EST 2014

OK, I managed to solve the problem. The logs in /tmp/pw-logs/ helped me a
lot.
I had compiled the Paraview from source and in the log I saw that the
pvpython throws the following exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/root/paraview/build/lib/site-packages/paraview/web/pv_web_data_prober.py",
line 37, in <module>
    from vtk.web import server
  File "/usr/local/lib/paraview-4.1/site-packages/vtk/web/server.py", line
27, in <module>
    from . import testing
  File "/usr/local/lib/paraview-4.1/site-packages/vtk/web/testing.py", line
71
    TestModuleBrowsers = type("Enum", (), {k: i for i, k in
enumerate(test_module_browsers)})
                                                  ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

So, I decided to use the binary version instead of the compiled one. Now,
It works properly.
Does the source have any bug you think?

Thanks for your help.

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 5:39 PM, Arya Mazaheri <aryanet at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried that.
> I switched to 'daemon' user as the apache is set to work with. I could cat
> the mapping.txt file without any problem.
> I'm suspicious on mod_rewrite module. I think it may now working properly.
> Do you have any idea that I could check it's functionality?
> Do you have any clue that what would be the cause of this problem?
>
> Thanks for your helps,
>

> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 5:31 PM, Sebastien Jourdain <
> sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com> wrote:
>
>> Does the apache "user" can read that file?
>> Are all the directories above that file "executable" for that user?
>>
>> Try by switching to that user and check if you can "cat"  that file.
>>
>> Seb
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 4:36 AM, Arya Mazaheri <aryanet at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, I checked that. There are some entries with the following pattern:
>>> 97b94394-7edb-4b9b-b26a-4d76aee49925 pvwserver:9099
>>>
>>> Just to let you know, I didn’t create the special group like mentioned
>>> in Amazon EC2 tutorial. I made this file’s permission to 777. I hope this
>>> wouldn’t be the cause of the problem.
>>>
>>> On Wednesday ۲ November ۱۳۹۲ BC at ۷:۱۶ بعدازظهر, Sebastien Jourdain
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> That patch was integrated into the master branch of Apache a while ago,
>>> but I was not aware that it made it to the 2.4.7 release.
>>> So, if you have Apache 2.4.7, you SHOULD NOT patch it.
>>>
>>> The version that you had was correct and should have worked.
>>> The remaining question is regarding the
>>> file: /opt/apache-2.4.7/pv-mapping-file/mapping.txt
>>>
>>> Is that file properly created? Does the content reflect the session id,
>>> host and port as expected?
>>>
>>> Seb
>>>

>>> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 1:36 AM, Arya Mazaheri <aryanet at gmail.com>wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for mentioning that. I've got stuck in running PW, trying every
>>> solution and wondering why it doesn't work!!
>>>
>>> Anyway, since I didn't have any other choice I decided to patch my
>>> Apache 2.4.7 source and then recompile it. Now, when I try to run the
>>> 'make' it throws the following error:
>>> mod_rewrite.c: In function ‘is_absolute_uri’:
>>> mod_rewrite.c:600: error: duplicate case value
>>> mod_rewrite.c:589: error: previously used here
>>> mod_rewrite.c:601: error: duplicate case value
>>> mod_rewrite.c:590: error: previously used here
>>> make[4]: *** [mod_rewrite.slo] Error 1