[Paraview] ParticleTracer particle lifetime

Ryan Abernathey ryan.abernathey at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 15:17:15 EST 2014

Berk,
That might be the correct interpretation for the first video, which I think
uses a steady (i.e. not time-dependent) flow field. For steady flows,
streamlines, streaklines, and trajectories are all identical.
But if you look at the second video, I think you can see that they are
plotting Lagrangian trajectories. My velocity data is time-dependent, so I
think I need the trajectories.
-Ryan