[Paraview] ParticleTracer particle lifetime

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Tue Jan 14 14:47:08 EST 2014

Hi Ryan,

When I look at these  movies carefully, it looks like they are using
streaklines that are seeded for a short burst. It looks like they pick
a number of seeds each time step and start a streakline from each and
keep them active for a few time steps. Then those streaklines seem to
be killed eventually. It also appears as if they are playing with
transparency depending on the age of the streakline. Am I right?

-berk