[Paraview] plot HDF5 with time using XDMF

ramiz.azadaliyev at ipt.fraunhofer.de ramiz.azadaliyev at ipt.fraunhofer.de
Tue Jan 14 09:21:46 EST 2014

Hello everyone,

 I am new to ParaView, and so far I was able to use it without much
trouble.
But I have hit a dead end, I have looked online for example, but
unfortunately it did not help me.
I have managed to create XMF file that gives me a 3d plot, but I can't
figure out how to couple the time data with the coordinates.

MY GOAL IS TO BE ABLE TO PLOT THE DATA CHRONOLOGICALLY

the HDF5 file has 3 datasets for X Y Z, 1 for amplitude, and 1 for time.
All are of the same hierarchy.

Use the following code:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!DOCTYPE Xdmf SYSTEM "Xdmf.dtd" []>
<Xdmf Version="2.0">
 <Domain>

        <Grid Name="mesh3" GridType="Uniform" >
                     <Topology TopologyType="Polyvertex" Dimensions="4 "/>
                     <Geometry GeometryType="X_Y_Z">

                       <DataItem Dimensions="1 1 4" NumberType="Float"
Precision="4" Format="HDF">
                        test3.h5:/X
                       </DataItem>

                       <DataItem Dimensions="1 1 4" NumberType="Float"
Precision="4" Format="HDF">
                       test3.h5:/Y
                       </DataItem>

                     <DataItem Dimensions="1 1 4" NumberType="Float"
Precision="4" Format="HDF">
                               test3.h5:/Z
                       </DataItem>
                     </Geometry>

                     <Attribute Name="Pressure" AttributeType="Scalar"
Center="Node">
                       <DataItem Dimensions="1 1 4" NumberType="Float"
Precision="4" Format="HDF">
                        test3.h5:/MVSPCIe/Pressure
                       </DataItem>
                     </Attribute>
                <Time TimeType="List">
                 <DataItem Dimensions="4" NumberType="Float" Precision="4"
Format="XML">
                         test3.h5:/time
                </DataItem>
                  </Time>

         </Grid>
 </Domain>
</Xdmf>

Where and how should I put my time data in this schema for Paraview to be
able to see it?
Does anybody have an idea? Please help...

Have a nice day,
Ramiz

Does anybody have an idea

Fraunhofer-Institut für Produktionstechnologie IPT
Ramiz Azadaliyev

Steinbachstraße 17
52074 Aachen

ramiz.azadaliyev at ipt.fraunhofer.de