[Paraview] FW: ParaViewWeb rendering performance

Den Fairol den.fairol at infovalley.net.my
Thu Jan 9 00:55:10 EST 2014

Sorry for the hiatus. To hastily feed on Seb's curiosity, yes indeed the
behavior is blind to data source type. As for Aashish's concern, it is a
misunderstanding. I did mention I ran the client on VM, not the pvserver.
Thus discounting hardware as the root cause. Actually I just realized that
the 26 FPS was from the standalone ParaView (i.e. not connected to pvserver
as can be seen in the pipeline browser). Upon connecting to a local
pvserver, the FPS plummeted quite dramatically. Adjusting it to 'shared
memory/localhost' does the trick (more info here:
http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Image_Compressor_Configuration). The
obvious question would be, how can we do that in ParaViewWeb?

A second rather counter-intuitive question, why couldn't we see a degraded
image in ParaViewWeb when interacting with a polygonal object, it only
appears so in the VTK render window (first image is without interaction,
second is with interaction)? This observation does not reflected in ParaView
(i.e. you'll see the lost in quality during interaction). Ultimately how
much of this behavior (if any) impact the overall performance?

Regards,

Den