[Paraview] CUDA dependency issue when building ParaView 4.1.0-RC2 on Mac

Benjamin Spencer benjamin.spencer at inl.gov
Thu Jan 2 15:41:39 EST 2014

I'm trying to build ParaView 4.1.0-RC2 from source on Mac OS (10.8.5).
 This machine does not have CUDA installed (and has no nvidia graphics
hardware).

When running ccmake, I get this error:

CUDA_TOOLKIT_ROOT_DIR not found or specified

This seems to be coming from the call:
find_package(CUDA)
in
Plugins/SciberQuestToolKit/SciberQuest/CMakeLists.txt

If I comment that line out, I can successfully compile.  I'm no cmake guru,
but it seems like if I don't have CUDA installed, find_package(CUDA) should
just set CUDA_FOUND to OFF and not require any paths to CUDA to be set.
 Maybe this is an issue with the CUDA module in CMake rather than ParaView.
 I'm using the latest CMake (2.8.12.1).

Thanks,
Ben

Benjamin Spencer