[Paraview] NEK5000 with ParaView

Ravi Tumkur ravi.tumkur at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 06:40:54 EST 2014

Hello Patrick and Giuseppe,

I am also facing the same issue as Giuseppe did on visualizing the NEK5000
solution data. I have simulated a moving boundary problem using NEK5000,
and have the output saved in *.fld* format. When I load the meta file to
read the files in Paraview, only one time-step mesh geometry is loaded,
whereas the field results of all the time-steps are available in Paraview.

I would appreciate if either of you could suggest any workaround to read
the moving mesh geometry which is saved for each time-step of the solution.

I am trying to read my NEK5000 output in version 4.1.0 64-bit Paraview
installation. If you want the data files, please let me know, I can send
them across.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Sincerely,
Ravi

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Patrick O'Leary <
patrick.oleary at kitware.com> wrote:

> Dear Giuseppe,
>
> Yes I remember the issue. I have a test data set, and I just tested it. It
> works with version 4.1. Send me your data set and I'll look at what we
> might have missed.
>
> Best regards,
> Patrick
>

> On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 8:37 AM, Giuseppe Pitton <
> giuseppe.pitton at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Patrick,
>> I am a ParaView user, and I am experiencing some issues with NEK5000
>> output format, both with the 4.0.1 and the 4.1 version.
>> I have found a user already reported this bug, but I have not found any
>> solution online. The problem is that only the first timestep is visualized,
>> and not the following ones. If you want, I could send you an example output
>> (few Mb).
>> Thank you in advance, best regards.
>> Giuseppe Pitton

Ravi Kumar T R