[Paraview] Adding EyeSeparationValue Mathematically

Léo Pessanha leonardopessanha74 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 15:11:59 EST 2014

Hi,

I found myself facing a problem i didn`t expected

I am working on Windows 7-x64 with the binaries from kitware

I am supposed to adapt paraview to my 4-sided cave

The cave is setup in this way

LEFT | FRONT | RIGHT | FLOOR

 =

1920x1920+0+0 | 1920x1920+1920+0 | 1920x1920+3840+0 | 1920x1920+5760+0

I`ve created the .pvx configuration file according to this, the problem was
my graphic card in some way is not compatible with the projectors (some
problem in DVI x HDMI) and i am  unable to send stereo image.

I have a configurationin the cave machine, where the machine does the job
of getting the Right Eye and the Left Eye images together.

Being able to do this i`ve setted up the .pvx configuration file this way

LEFT(Left Eye) | LEFT(Right Eye) -
FRONT(Left Eye) | FRONT(Right Eye) -
RIGHT(Left Eye) | RIGHT(Right Eye) -
FLOOR(Left Eye) | FLOOR(Right Eye)

960x1920+0+0 | 960x1920+960+0
960x1920+1920+0 | 960x1920+2880+0
960x1920+3840+0 | 960x1920+4800+0
960x1920+5760+0 | 960x1920+6720+0

With this done, my question is how to add the EyeSeparationValue
mathematically trough the vectors LowerLeft, LowerRight and UpperRight

(+ 0.03 to the right AND - 0.03 to the left)

Is this possible?
Can someone help me with this?

Att,
Leonardo Pessanha