[Paraview] input for the plot-over-line filter

Thomas, Christian c.thomas at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Feb 26 10:23:08 EST 2014

Hi all,

I have a problem with the plot-over-line filter.

I'm trying to plot velocity profiles along the normals to a given body or surface. If I use the volume solution as input to plot-over-line, some sections of the velocity profiles are omitted - for whatever reason they are set to zero or NANS. However, if I use a slice filter (or a plane) of the volume as input to plot-over-line, then the velocity profiles are complete. Note that I have used the same values for point1 and point2 in plot-over-line. See the attached file that depicts an example of the velocity profiles for dashed blue the volume input and solid red the slice input. (Note that the data omissions for the volume input can appear anywhere in the profile).

I have to generate many profiles (1000s) at different surface positions, so for time reasons, it would be more convenient to use only the volume input. For a slice as input I would need to form a suitable slice/plane for each surface station - it is assumed that each surface position would require a different plane.

I hope the above makes sense.

Is this just a random bug in Paraview or can I overcome this problem.
Any suggestions or help are greatly appreciated.
Thomas

[cid:93243CB4-B7C4-4D41-A9B0-6685F67C838E at ma.ic.ac.uk]