[Paraview] Build errors compiling Paraview with VS2013

Bruce Jones bruce.david.jones at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 10:49:14 EST 2014

I'm attempting to compile paraview in windows using visual studio 2013.

So far I've managed to succesfully compile QT, and Zlib, and have
configured the paraview source with CMake. I now have a Visual Studio
solution file, upon opening the solution and attempting to build I get a
bunch of errors. The root of the problem appears with min and max in
various projects within the solution, I get a lot of these errors.

Error 22 error C3861: 'min': identifier not found
C:\paraview\ThirdParty\protobuf\vtkprotobuf\src\google\protobuf\wire_format_lite_inl.h
270 1 protobuf
Error 23 error C3861: 'max': identifier not found
C:\paraview\ThirdParty\protobuf\vtkprotobuf\src\google\protobuf\repeated_field.cc
46 1 protobuf

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Bruce