[Paraview] Paraview on Blue Gene Q

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Feb 17 16:12:53 EST 2014

I finally got to the system install last week. ParaView 4.1.0 is in
/soft/visualization/paraview
on cetus/mira now. It will be in the same place on vesta soon.
The systems staff at ANL are, or possibly already have, setup a soft key
for it. In the meantime there is an examples directory inside that with
some sample scripts that you can simply run.

There is also a connection directory for setting up interactive
connections. But don't try that just yet as it fails mysteriously just
after it establishes the tunnel between the compute nodes and client. Once
I fix that I'll post a pvsc snippet that connects to it.

Hoping to install catalyst next to paraview on mira and titan in the next
couple of weeks.

cheers,

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.