[Paraview] Surface LIC Problem

Richard Grenon richard.grenon at onera.fr
Fri Feb 14 09:00:02 EST 2014

Hello.

What are these non-zero surface vectors without slipping or moving walls ?

With NS solvers, the velocity vector in an axis system bound to a wall
should ALWAYS be zero at the wall (moving wall or not moving wall): this
is the adherence condition.

As LIC needs a non zero vector at the wall in an axis system bound to
the wall, you cannot use the velocity vector, and you MUST use the skin
friction vector.

My NS solver gives the three components of the skin friction vector in
an axis system bound to the wall as three scalar arrays. So I have to
use the PV Calculator filter in order to build the vector array from
these three scalar arrays, something like "Friction_vector =
x_component*iHat+y_component*jHat+z_component*kHat"

But you may also use the Calculator filter to build the friction vector
from the stress tensor and the normal vector at the wall. It depends on
the output of your solver.

Richard

--
  Richard GRENON