[Paraview] Bug report: ParaView 4.1.0 crashes in 'Edit->Find Data' dialog on MultiBlockDataSet

Wijnand Suijlen wijnandsuijlen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 12:58:09 EST 2014

Hi,

There is a bug in ParaView 4.1.0 (Windows & Linux) that is bothering me,
and I haven't found a report for it yet in the mailing list or in the bug
tracker. So here it comes:

It seems that the 'Find Data' dialog doesn't work very well
vtkMultiBlockDataSets that are filled with vtkTables. Running the query
makes ParaView segfault.

To reproduce:
1) Open ParaView
2) Choose from the 'Sources' menu 'Sphere', and click Apply.
3) Choose from the 'Filters' menu 'Statistics->K Means', and click Apply
4) Choose from the Edit menu 'Find Data'
5) Choose the 'Statistical Model' as the source.
6) Click 'Run Selection Query'
After that it crashes. On Linux there is a segmentation fault. Windows will
report that 'paraview.exe' has stopped working.

By the way, here is another weird phenomenon: After step number 3, you see
three views: The sphere in 3D, a spreadsheet view of the 'Statistical
Model', and a spreadsheet view of the 'Assessed Data'. Notice that when you
click on a row in the view of the 'Assessed Data', the row is selected and
highlighted (with a blue background color), while if you click on a row in
the view of the 'Statistical Model' the highlight appears for a moment but
then disappears quickly again. Somehow this doesn't feel right.

kind regards,
Wijnand