[Paraview] Paraview/Load File and Take Screenshot

Fastl, Thomas thomas.fastl at kcl.ac.uk
Fri Dec 19 10:01:15 EST 2014

Dear Paraview-Community,

I am currently running parameter sweeps and want to visually compare the result (a single .vtk file) to a base line (a single .vtk file). Therefore, I wanted to load both .vtk-files in Paraview, generate a screenshot of them and close Paraview again. Since I have several hundred simulations this task would be very tedious to do manually and hence I though I might be able to run a python script from the terminal to do this task in an automated fashion.

I have found this link online (http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2011-October/023026.html) which is not very promising, but also hoping that this feature would have been added since then. I already want to thank you in advance for any help, merry Xmas!

Kind regards,
DI Thomas E Fastl, BSc
Research Student
King's College London