[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Re: Streaklines

Pradeep Jha pradeep.kumar.jha at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 17:00:17 EST 2014

Hi Andy,

I followed your instructions and have had some success but not completely :)

Here is what I did:
1) My input data has a time-dependent X velocity and a Y velocity and the
mesh information
2) I use the "Calculator" tool to create a "velocity" vector using
"x_velocity*iHat + y_velocity*jHat"
3) With "Calculator1" active, I click on Streakline (Streakline filter
doesn't show up with my initial data as, I guess, there are no vector
fields there)
4) A pop-up window comes: for both the "Input" and "Seed Source" I choose
"Calculator1"
5) Then "Streakline1" appears in the pipeline. I change Termination time to
a non zero value. With the "Calculator1" and "Streakline1" "eye" activated
in the pipeline, I click on the play button
6) I don't see any streaklines. Only the velocity contour movie continue
(and much slowly than it does without the streakline filter on).
7) I don't see the option of where can I decide the point of origin of the
streaklines.

Any sugggestions?
Thanks
Pradeep