[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Re: Streaklines

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Tue Dec 9 15:32:32 EST 2014

Hi,

The streakline filter requires a time dependent input as well as a vector
field input (probably point data required but didn't verify this). After
that, an input needs to be created for the seeds of the streaklines (i.e.
the location that the streaklines go through). Select the time dependent
input and then create the StreakLine filter. Then a dialog box will come up
to set the seed source (Input should be set to the time dependent input and
Seed Source should be set to the source to use for the streaklines). The
seeds are the points in the Seed Source. Next, in the Properties panel
you'll probably want to set Termination Time to something other than 0.0
since the streakline filter will integrate forward in time to that value.
Thus, if it's 0.0 and the first time step is at 0.0 it will seem like the
filter didnt' do anything. The Force Reinjection Every NSteps is
essentially the resolution of the streakline.

Note that PV's implementation of streaklines only does forward integration
in time.

Regards,
Andy