[Paraview] can vtkImplicitPlaneWidget be used in an XML-only paraview plug-in?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Dec 12 13:13:47 EST 2014

Roman,

Let's take a few steps back. To make sure the end goal is still
unchanged: you want a way to clip an image dataset using an arbitrary
clip plane (not necessarily axis aligned) and then volume render it.
If you use the Clip fliter, the resulting unstructured grid becomes
too large and hence takes a lot of time to volume render. Is that
correct?

BTW, if you want to just clip using axis-aligned clip plane, you
should just use the "Extract Subset" filter.

Utkarsh