[Paraview] Bad X server connection

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Aug 29 09:26:35 EDT 2014

The problem is arising because your login on the remote server you're
connected to doesn't have access to the X server. Is there an X server
running on that system? If so, do you have access to it? If so, is
your DISPLAY environment setup to point to the right display?

Maybe try running a xserver of your own is possible using xvfb or
vncserver. Alternatively, you can build ParaView using offscreen Mesa
support (http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/ParaView_And_Mesa_3D).

Hope that helps.

Utkarsh