[Paraview] Unsupported Cell Attribute Type Error In VTK Legacy File Format

Hayan Nasser hayannasser at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 08:49:37 EDT 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to add vector information to an animation frame which is
in the VTK Legacy file format.

When just including the scalar information, I receive no errors when opening
the animation in paraview.

However, now when I append the vector information to the file, I receive
the following
error:

ERROR: In /build/buildd/paraview-3.10.1/VTK/IO/vtkDataReader.cxx, line 766

vtkPolyDataReader (0x39b5400): Unsupported cell attribute type: 0 for file:
cyl_res20_new/VTK/2D/DC100-material1-boundaryopen-observation10-time1e-09.1.vtk

I must be missing something with defining the data set, but I have followed
through the VTK file format documentation, and I can't see where I am going
wrong!

If you could take a quick look and see if I am missing something obvious I
would be most grateful!

Many Thanks
Hayan