[Paraview] problems building superbuild

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Wed Apr 30 16:16:22 EDT 2014

I am trying to build paraview for our cluster using the superbuild.  I am doing this because I want both the gui and server (we have VNC nodes, and client server users).

    module load gcc/4.7.0
    module load openmpi/1.6.5/gcc/4.7.0
    module load cmake/2.8.8

    git clone git://paraview.org/ParaViewSuperbuild.git
    git checkout -b 4.1.0 v4.1.0

    mkdir paraview-bin
    cd paraview-bin

    ccmake ../ParaViewSuperbuild

at this point I set to use system_mpi a collection of readers etc, but no mater what I do the build always fails with:

  Failed to clone repository:
  'git://kwsource.kitwarein.com/genericio/genericio.git'

I googled around for this and found reference to private plugins you can't distribute, but I specifically disable genericio (awful name if it is a private plugin, sounds like your standard readers).

Is there any way to get more information about why genericio is being pulled in?   kwsource.kitwarein.com doesn't even resolve.

Thanks!

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
CAEN Advanced Computing