[Paraview] Fwd: Stream Tracer Scaling

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Tue Apr 29 16:41:10 EDT 2014

Hi folks,

To close the loop on this issue, this was indeed a bug. It only happened
when running in parallel and using a cell based locator (which Amir needed
due to the nature of his data). The bug caused to computation time to
increase significantly as the number of seeds increased. It caused the
re-computation of the same spatial binning structure (most expansive part
of the algorithm) per seed. The fix was simply deleting a few lines of
unnecessary code. The biggest performance improved I ever achieved by
deleting code :-)

I am working on getting the fix incorporated into VTK and then ParaView. It
should take a week or two.

Best,
-berk