[Paraview] ParaView 4.1.0 Segmentation Fault when loading a state file

Cass, Adam C ACCass at mtech.edu
Thu Apr 17 14:01:29 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have been trying to get the vr features of ParaView to work, but I have ran into a segmentation fault. I followed the information on the wiki about configuring the display pvx file and the config .pvsm file. I am able to run pvserver just fine, but when I try to load my state file in the client, the client crashes. My .pvsm file closely resembles the state file on the wiki. The error that is printed to the terminal is segmentation fault (core dumped).

When I run the client in gdb, gdb shows that there is an error in vtkSMStateLoader.cxx at line 500.

Adam