[Paraview] Fwd: Stream Tracer Scaling

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Mon Apr 21 11:34:25 EDT 2014

Actually, if the integration is fairly load balanced across partitions, the
streamline integration can scale OK. It is highly dependent on how the
seeds are distributed and if the integration ends up clustering on a few
processes. Amir:

- How big is your seed source? Does it span multiple partitions? How many
seed points?
- Do the streamlines stay together or do the move around the domain more
independently?

Are you running on a single machine by the way? I have been thinking about
parallelizing the streamline filter over threads, which should scale better
on a single machine.

Best,
-berk