[Paraview] LIC plugin version 2 of PV 410 Windows 32 bits fails : unsupported NVIDIA card driver ?

Burlen Loring bloring at lbl.gov
Tue Apr 15 12:31:30 EDT 2014

Hi Richard,

Your video card is fairly old and it doesn't support the extensions used
by the new version.

The 2.0 Surface LIC in PV 4.1 is a true parallel implementation and has
additional requirements compared with the original serial code. However,
there are no exotic requirements, all have been adopted into the OpenGL
standard many years ago. So most recent hardware/drivers will provide
the required extensions.

NVIDIA's spec
sheet(http://developer.download.nvidia.com/opengl/specs/g80specs.pdf)
doesn't show support for GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float. Based on the info
you provided that's my best guess as to what's wrong. However, I found a
mention( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_8_Series) that the new
drivers for the 8 series support OpenGL 3.3, which includes floating
point depth buffer. Updating your driver may resolve the issue.

Burlen