[Paraview] Verbose output on Windows? (UNCLASSIFIED)

Angelini, Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY ARL (US) richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil
Tue Apr 1 15:52:17 EDT 2014

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I'm debugging a ParaView client-server connection issue between ParaView
4.1.0 running on a Windows machine and a remote HPC system.    I'd like to
see the SSH string that's being generated on the Windows side, but I don't
see any output that says "Server Launch command is :"  like I see on the
Linux and Mac systems.   Is there some way to see this output on the Windows
machine?   This output must be generated by Paraview by default, because I
don't think that that I'm doing anything in my default_servers.pvsc file to
print this output.

Here's what I see on Mac/Linux in the terminal window where I run the
client.   There are the values that I'm setting in the host profile as
described in the default_servers.pvsc file, and I then see the SSH command
that gets built and executed.

LOGINNODE=remote-host.xx.xx.xx
NODES=2
NODE_TYPE=compute
PROCS=8
PROJECTNUM=ABC123456789
PV_CONNECT_ID=43481
PV_SERVER_PORT=9333
QUEUE=serial
SERVER_PORT=49130
SSHLOC=/usr/krb5/bin/ssh
USERNAME=my_username
WALLTIME=10
Setting ConnectID: 43481
Accepting connection(s): my-host.xx.xx.xx:9333

Server launch command is : /usr/krb5/bin/ssh -q "-o
StrictHostKeyChecking=no" "-o ExitOnForwardFailure=yes" -R
49130:127.0.0.1:9333 -l my_username remote-host.xx.xx.xx  /usr/bin/env
PV_CONNECT_ID=43481 PV_PORT=49130 VERSION=4.1.0 WALLTIME=10
PROJECTNUM=ABC123456789 QUEUE=serial NODES=2 PROCS=8 TUNNEL=1
NODE_TYPE=compute LOGINNODE=remote-hostname.xx.xx.xx
/app/DAAC/paraview/utils/pvserver.sh

Rick Angelini
USArmy Research Laboratory
CISD/HPC Architectures Team