[Paraview] Paraview Plugin for a textured polygonal object ...

Niklas Röber roeber at dkrz.de
Tue Sep 24 07:57:21 EDT 2013

Dear All,

I would like to have a plugin in Paraview that shows the earth, either
as a spherical or equidistant cylindrical projection, along with its
texture, orography and bathymetry. And I would like to have this as a
Source in Paraview, in which I can load different textures, and set
different scaling levels for the orography.
I've attached an image to show what I'm aiming at ...

The thing is not that difficult to implement, yet I am unsure how to do
it it as a Paraview plugin. Ideally would be a plugin derived from
vtkActor, yet this does not seem possible. Therefore, I am asking for
advice. What would be the best class to derive my plugin from? In the
end, all I have as output is polygonal data with a texture applied to it.

Thank you all for reading and your help,
Cheers, Niklas