[Paraview] StreamTracer streamlines not terminating reliably at exterior boundary

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Sep 13 04:41:50 EDT 2013

Looks as though the parts outside the box are all linear. what I suspect is happening is that the findCell routine is returning true off the edge of the dataset and the last velocity is being reused even though the internal interpolation ought to fail. To fix it one would have to check the tolerance being used on the findcell locator and tweak it accordingly. from the paraview gui there's not much you can do, but if you were building from source, you could see if this was a problem with the locator. Might be that the dataset is 2D and for whatever reason the locator is behaving badly. It's certainly a bug anyway.

If I have some spare time later (I won't) I'll step through the code and see what's going wrong.

Anyway, you're stuffed for now, so you'd better submit a bug report.

JB