[Paraview] Paraview with CUDA on a MPI infiband fabric cluster

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Oct 24 13:59:04 EDT 2013

GPGPU support in VTK/ParaView is pretty bleeding edge today.

Thus far vtkPiston (curtesy of LANL) is about the whole of it. vtkDax
(curtesy of Sandia) is in VTK master now and will be coming to ParaView
soon.

To use vtkPiston, you need to have Thrust installed and LANL's Piston
source code available. Then compile ParaView from source with the Piston
plugin enabled. Doing so exposes CPU<->GPU filters that send data objects
to and from the accelerator, and Piston's slice, contour and threshold
filters which operate on GPU resident vtkPistonDataObjects.

cheers

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer