[Paraview] Paraview with CUDA on a MPI infiband fabric cluster

Yasha Karant ykarant at csusb.edu
Wed Oct 23 18:20:25 EDT 2013

We have been using paraview for a number of years on different platforms
but an EL environment (currently, Scientific Linux 6x).  I understand
via Nvidia that Paraview will now support CUDA and GPU offloading for
some parts of the execution, but I have not been able to find an actual
implementation.  The standard download is for X86-64 linux, not for this
plus GPU CUDA, and over a cluster of such nodes (using a flavor of MPI).
Is there a CUDA enhanced port of Paraview?  If so, how does one obtain it?

If CUDA Paraview is built from source, are the CUDA kernels included
along with the various configuration scripts that CUDA uses for the
Nvidia compilation system?

We are running EL 6 production on X86-64 and have CUDA on the GPU
compute engine nodes.

Yasha Karant
ykarant at csusb.edu